Wilson & Scott (Highways) Ltd. is committed to managing all aspects of its business systematically. The Company operates an integrated management system that is described by a Business Management Manual. The business management system addresses all facets of business management.
With respect to environmental management, we recognise that our activities interact with the environment and are committed to minimising adverse impacts and maximising positive impacts. This will be achieved through our commitment to:
• Comply with all applicable environmental legal requirements and other relevant requirements to which we subscribe.
• Fully cooperate with any environmental initiatives or management systems operated by our clients on their sites.
• Review the actual and potential impacts of all activities, including those affecting our local community.
• Achieve continual improvement in environmental performance by:
o understanding the relative importance of both environmental concerns (such as global warming and the reduction of biodiversity) and our environmental aspects;
o and by using this understanding to establish objectives, targets, improvement programmes and arrangements for monitoring performance.
• Employ best practice to prevent pollution, minimise waste and maximise the efficient use of resources.
• Identify and manage key risks and have arrangements in place to respond to all foreseeable accidents and emergencies.
• Involve employees in our environmental programmes and provide training to enable them to discharge their duties.
Every employee has an individual responsibility to help meet the requirements of this policy. All are invited to contribute ideas for better practices.
Approved by: Cameron Simms, Managing Director.
Issue Date: 01/01/21
Next Review Date: 01/01/22